Friday, September 10, 2010

Bye Bye Summer

 

Don't get me wrong. I do not think I will be missing 100°+ weather that summer can unleash upon us, but with the coming season, I have to say good-bye to one of my favorite summer fruits for a whole year. This is a task I am not sure I can handle. You see, I love fruit more than anyone I know! It's hard to settle for just citrus fruits and apples all winter long. Where's the variety? 

I am not sure what got into me this summer but I was having a full on love affair with watermelon. Not just with the the pre-cut & packaged containers that you can pick up at the local grocer on occasion, but with the humongous 8 lb. watermelon that you need both arms to haul to the car. Don't even try the resting it on your hip trick. The watermelons that I was devouring all summer were enormous and would only last for a few days. I was eating watermelon morning, noon, and night. I even got my little pup obsessed. He loves it, too. Every time I open the container in the fridge- he'd come a runnin'. "Good boy", I'd say as I gave him a few pieces. He appreciates the sweet watery crunch just like his mama.

It's been sweet, but now it's time to say good-bye...until next year. I don't know what I'll do without you.

picture credit: cashon and company

No comments:

Post a Comment