Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Kitchen


After moving into my new house only a few months ago, I have struggled with where and how to fill it up with things we like. I seem to be spending a lot of time in the kitchen, so I started there. The kitchen is probably the main reason I fell in love with the house in the first place. Its original farmhouse sink and wood counter tops, Viking stove, and slate floors make me want to put as much thoughtful detail into the rest of the house. It was a space I had dreamed about, never thinking I could afford. Let's just put it this way, I love love love my kitchen and I feel like I belong there.

The picture above is a little touch that I added to my favorite space after shopping at the River Market Antique Mall. I saw these acrylic letters in a large box in the back of the store and immediately thought of putting them in my kitchen.

Not that I need a reminder to do that, but I thought it was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment