Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Raising the (salad) Bar


Tonight, I hosted Ladies Night at my place and decided that it needed to be healthy and easy. I believe that the best way to have a quick and easy joint dinner is to have guests bring items that they already have around the house. One of the girls in our group hosted a salad bar night a few weeks prior and we all loved it. I especially loved it because we got such a variety of food from all of the seasonal veggies and fruits out right now to food from people's pantries. I love seeing how creative people get with food when you tell them to bring whatever they like.

I provided the lettuce and protein options which happened to be grilled chicken, salmon, and almonds. There were other toppings that ranged from blue cheese crumbles and sun-dried tomatoes to hard boiled eggs and turkey bacon.  The topping were hearty and healthy and the Salad Bar Night was a hit...again! We even had a few dressing varieties, as well. One of the girls brought a homemade french dressing. I suggest salad night to anyone hosting a girls night that doesn't have a lot of money or time to put together a big feast and not to mention anyone who is watching their waistline. I have a feeling we will be doing this again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment