Thursday, November 12, 2009

Coupon Craze


Due to the shift in the economy, everyone has become coupon crazed- me included. There is not any extra "fun money" like there used to be. Prices on everything have gone up, but no one is making any more money. A co-worker turned me on to this website where you can get coupons for local restaurants and bars. You just enter in your zip code and the list of participating restaurants pops up. You can buy $10 gift certificates for $4 and $25 for $10. Be aware that the vendors can pick and choose how they would like the coupons to be used. For instance, the $25 gift certificate can only be used on a minimum of $50 on a food only purchase. Some restaurants restrict the coupon usage on Friday and Saturday evenings. If you read the fine print, you will be fine and it is still a great deal. The best deals are when they send you an email for 80% off deals. I just recently bough a $25 gift certificate to Thomas, a quaint little bistro on 39th Street, for $3! You heard me $3! We had to use it on a $50 dollar food purchase, but my mom was in town and we knew we would hit the minimum. We saved $22.00! You should check it out. Click the logo above.

Remember to tip your server on the original bill.
I used to wait tables so I am sensitive to dining out etiquette.


Happy Savings!

1 comment:

  1. Liz! Eric and I LOVE this site--we got the Thomas gift certificate too and had a fab date. We too saved about $20. We got a few others to local places too--such a good deal!

    ReplyDelete