Tuesday, March 3, 2009

White Chocolate & Apricot Oatmeal Cookies


This is a twist on my old Cowboy Cookie recipe that I grew up making. I thought white chocolate paired well with dried apricots, so I thought I would try it out.

INGREDIENTS
· 1 cup margarine/butter
· 1 cup sugar
· 1 cup brown sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 2 cups self-rising flour
· 1 package of white chocolate chips
· 3/4 cup of chopped dried apricots.
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· 2 cups oats


INSTRUCTIONS
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· Cream sugars and margarine/butter
· Add eggs and mix well.
· Add remaining ingredients.
· Bake for about 9-11 minutes.


I don't like to over-bake my cookies so I check them out around 9 minutes and if they are getting a bit golden around the edges, I take them out of the oven to cool because I like them moist and chewy. This recipe makes about 3-4 dozen cookies. Let me tell you...they are pretty tasty!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment