Thursday, December 31, 2009

Almighty One


Just taking a little break from the 12 Days of Christmas to post about the new addition to the family. I was so surprised to open this on Christmas Day! My cooking collection is now pretty much complete. The Kitchen Aid Stand Up Mixer! How I have lusted over you and now you are mine. Did I mention how hot she looks on my counter?

I have never really considered myself a baker. (That will hopefully change due to my bright and shiny new appliance!) I am more of a cook. It has something to do with the chemistry of baking and how everything has to be exact. When I cook, I add a pinch of this and a dab of that; it's just intuitive. You can pretty much counteract any mistake while cooking. It is different, however, in baking. In 2010, I am going to challenge myself to become a better baker. Maybe I will take some tips from the Barefoot Contessa. She's my baking role model, after all.

Look for new posts in 2010 all about baking; the mishaps, learnings, successes, and the results. Also, I am pretty sure there will be a lot of pizza dough making. I have always wanted to do that.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. so I am officially jealous! I have been begging for one since we got married. Of course I don't really cook... that might have something to do with it! I do love to read about it and watch cooking on TV! does that count?

    ReplyDelete