Tuesday, December 22, 2009

12 Days of Christmas: Recipe #3 Crabby Patties

INGREDIENTS
· 1 pkg. English muffins
· 1 can drained crab meat (reserve liquid)
· 1 stick butter (room temp.)
· 1 jar Old English Cheese spread
· Dash hot sauce
· 1/2 tsp. garlic salt

DIRECTIONS
· cut English muffins in half and toast prior
· mix the rest of the ingredients together and spread over the toasted English muffin halves

· if the mixture is too dry, add a bit of the reserved crab liquid
· Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly (about 20 minutes)
· Cut each English muffin half in quarters (triangles)

I also made this recipe for our Holiday Housewarming Party and they went like hot cakes! I would say it had something to do with the amount of butter and cheese in them, but the crab meat adds such a great flavor. The crab is the true star of this appetizer. The English muffins are nice and crunchy and the cheesy crab spread is creamy and salty and perfect. My mom used to make these for parties and gatherings when I was young and I remember the flavor profile well. Making them for my party was such a nice nostalgic treat.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment