Sunday, June 14, 2009

Life's a Bowl of Cherries


There is nothing I love more than fresh cherries in the summertime! I do not care that they cost an arm and a leg; they are my treat and I deserve to treat myself on a weekly basis! Besides satisfying my sweet tooth and craving for this delicious fruit, cherries have many health benefits.

Deemed a "super fruit" these tart delights pack more disease fighting antioxidants than almost any other fruit.
They also contain other important nutrients such as beta carotene (19 times more than blueberries or strawberries) vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, iron, fiber and folate. Cherries aid in the pain of arthritis and gout, to reducing risk factors for heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers. Cherries also contain melatonin, which has been found to help regulate the body’s natural sleep patterns, aid with jet lag, prevent memory loss and delay the aging process.

I have already eaten a full bowl of cherries today and I can rest easy because they are good for me and life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment