Monday, April 20, 2009

Lemon Pepper and Basil Salmon Salad



The other night, I was craving a light "Springish" meal. I hadn't eaten salmon in a while, so I decided to try something new. I thought that the lemon pepper in the salmon would pair really well with the sweetness in the dressing and the pear. The sunflower seeds could add a little crunch. I would have added gorgonzola cheese, but I am on a restricted diet compliments of my Acunpuncturist. I don't like her very much right now. If I were you, I would add cheese because cheese makes eveything better.


INGREDIENTS
salmon
· 2- 5 oz. filets of Salmon
· extra virgin olive oil
· 5 leaves of fresh basil
· lemon pepper seasoning
salad
· fresh spinach
· 3 tbsp. white onion, chopped
· 1 pear, cut into small slices
· 3 tbsp. honey roasted sunflower seeds
dressing
· 3 tbsp. Rasberry All Fruit
· 1/4 cup of Balsalmic Vinegar
· 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

INSTRUCTIONS
· Marinate both salmon filets in olive oil, sliced basil, and lemon pepper for a few hours.
· Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. (You could also cook Salmon on the grill for that smokey flavor)
· Cook salmon for about 20 minutes
· While salmon is cooking, prepare dressing by putting all ingredients in a bowl and whisking to emulsify the olive oil.
· Prepare salad in a bowl.
· When salmon is completely cooked, flake with a fork and put on top of the spinach salad. toss in dressing.

Enjoy!

1 comment: