Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cupcake A La Mode



A few months ago, as I was walking my dog around the neighborhood, I noticed a cupcake shop that just seemed to magically appear at the end of my street. It was the cutest and tiniest little pink and black building. Every time I casually walked past it's store front to sneak a peek through the windows, it was closed. This might have been a sign that I have had way too many cupcakes in my lifetime, but I still wanted to see what this place, called Cupcake A La Mode, was all about. I did some investigating around the neighborhood and discovered that the cupcakes are amazing, expensive, but worth it. I told myself that on a special day, I would treat myself.

After talking about this cute cupcake shop to my boyfriend a few times, he did the sweetest thing! He bought 30 of them and brought them to my birthday party a couple of weeks ago. He chose six different flavors and got five of each flavor. Just wait until you hear the descriptions...

Marshmallow Fondue: Chocolate cupcake topped with a layer of smooth, semisweet chocolate, a swirl of marshmallow cream frosting, a sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs, and a gourmet chocolate covered graham craker on top.

Bella Nutella:
Chocolate cupcake topped with a layer of creamy Nutella, a swirl of chocolate hazelnut buttercream and a Rocher chocolate covered hazelnut truffle & choclate hazelnut pirrouhette cookie on top.

Love Doctor:
Chocolate cupcake topped with chocolate chunk strawberry buttercream and a chocolate dipped strawberry on top.

Chocolate Obsession: Chocolate cupcake topped with our rich, creamy chocolate buttercream icing and covered in finely grated semisweet chocolate.

Let It Snow: Vanilla cupcake topped with white chocolate cream cheese icing, covered in fresh shredded coconut with a maraschino cherry.

Hawaiian Honeymoon: Vanilla cupcake with pineapple buttercream icing, rolled in crushed macadamia nuts and drizzled with melted white chocolate.

After blowing out the candles on each of the cupcakes and making a wish, I decided to try the Marshmallow Fondue. This one was a winner...so rich and delicious. I think they all were. They were the hit of the party. These cupcakes even had the bar staff fighting with each other to try and get one. We had some left over from the party and I ate one the next night and the next night....Hey, It was my birthday...week! Right?


I know now to stay away from that place. It could get dangerous....

No comments:

Post a Comment