Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Supper: Wild Salmon Pita Pizzas


I started off by grilling a 6 oz. fillet of Wild Salmon in a pan with EVOO, salt, pepper, the juice of 1/2 a lemon, and all purpose seasoning. While the Salmon was cooking, I made a green onion and cilantro cream cheese spread by mixing together 2 chopped green onions and a tablespoon of cilantro with about 2.5 tbsp of light cream cheese. I spread this mixture evenly over two 6 inch, whole wheat pita pockets. Once the Salmon was fully cooked, I flaked it with a fork and sprinkled the salmon over the pita bread. I then topped the salmon with capers and 2% mozzarella cheese. I placed both pita pizzas on a pizza tray and baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Then, I set the oven to broil to get the cheese all nice and brown (about 2 minutes). I let the pizzas cool for another 2 minutes and then sliced them both up the middle with a pizza cutter. Dinner was served...and it was good, I tell ya!

INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
6 oz. fillet of Wild Salmon
EVOO
salt
pepper
all purpose seasoning
juice of 1/2 a lemon
2- 6 inch pita pockets
2.5 tbsps of light cream cheese
2 green onion stalks
2 tbsp of cilantro
20 capers (10 per pizza)
2 oz. of 2 % mozzarella cheese (1 oz. per pizza)

Mangia!




No comments:

Post a Comment